Classic cars are a fascination to most people. To some, they are even an obsession – and no wonder. The rarity and timeless splendor of a classic automobile can be positively spellbinding.
If you are obsessed or just fascinated by classic cars, chances are you know a little something about them. At Spectrum Insurance Agency, we’ve uncovered a lot of fun facts—from the movies collectible automobiles have appeared in, to the years some of the most famed and celebrated models hit the market, to the definition of a true “antique.”
Test what you know about classic car trivia with these facts.
1. The Ford Mustang first made its debut in 1964.
2. The car in the 1977 “Smokey and the Bandit” movie was a 1977 Chevrolet Camaro.
3. The Chevrolet Corvette is built exclusively in Bowling Green, Kentucky.
4. A total of 309 Dodge Chargers were used in the original “Dukes of Hazzard” television show.
5. The first Chevrolet Camaro to come off the production line was black.
6. The word “automobile” is a combination of the word “auto,” which means “self,” and “mobile,” which means “moving.”
7. A total of only seven Plymouth Hemi Barracuda convertibles were made.
8. Vehicles manufactured between 1896 and 1915 are known as horseless carriages, which by definition are “antique” vehicles. Vehicles built between 1916 and 1925 are known as “vintage” vehicles.
9. The world’s first automobile insurance policy was bought in 1897 in Westfield, Massachusetts.
10. The Ford Model T was the first mass-produced automobile starting in 1913. It was also the first car that the “average” worker could afford.
How did you do? Regardless if you are a classic car buffor a little rusty, you can further improve your automobile know-how with a multitude of car facts found here:http://www.anythingaboutcars.com/carfacts.html.
Insurance side bar:
When you invest in owning a classic car, you want to be absolutely certain your investment is protected. That’s why it’s important to contact your independent agent for local, sound advice. We at Spectrum Insurance recommend an insurance checkupto ensure your classic cars are adequately covered. Contact us at 815-229-4040.